Be a Part of the Great Science Groove
The 2017 Great Science Share Anthem
Developed in collaboration with The University of Manchester, The Halle, Dance Manchester and Derby High School.
We are grateful to the sponsorship offered by Curious Minds.
Stimulate learning about working scientifically through this year’s science song and dance groove. Listen, practice and show us your groove using #GSShare17 and perform it to new audiences on the 5th July 2017!
1) Download the lyrics here Along with the sheet music
2) Hear how the song is put to music
Backing track full version
Backing track Chorus
Backing track Verse 1
Backing Track Verse 2
3) Watch how the dance is created
Now put all three together and you have the Great Science Groove.
Teachers should be aware that the gaps in the lyrics, where there is instrumental are to be filled with opportunities for free dance and exploration by the children. A time to really showcase their creativity about what they feel scientists do – using actions, movements and gestures to show their thinking.
Use #GSShare17 to show us your rehearsals and final performances! Do you like the Great Science Groove?
For Primary Science Quality Mark schools, the Great Science Share allows you to evidence:
- A1: There is an effective subject leader for science
- C3: Children enjoy their experiences in school
- D2: There are clear links to other schools/outside agencies/organisations/communities to enrich science teaching and learning.
Sponsor of the Business of Science Conference and the Great School Science Share
Manchester City Football Club. Supporter of the Great Science Schools' Share'